PISTOL TACTICS 2 - COURSE OVERVIEW
As our most advanced curriculum, Pistol Tactics - 2 picks up right where PT - 1left off. During this class students will experience a multitude of advanced handgun drills and training that will challenge even the strongest shooters. You should expect to fail in this class. It is intended to push the students and expose weaknesses that can be identified and improved on the range, so those shortcomings don't cost you your life.
Space in this class is strictly limited to 10 students and is conducted entirely at the Nine and One Tactical Range.
Our Range is located in Minden Louisiana. Directions to the range will be sent in your confirmation email, following registration.
*Read our company guidelines and the gear list associated with this course, located on our home page, prior to registration - Course syllabus listed below*
*Completion of Pistol Tactics - 1, within one calendar year, is a mandatory prerequisite for this course*
Following a thorough safety briefing and emergency medical plan, the following procedures, topics and drills will be covered in class:
- Brief review of proper draw stroke and weapon manipulations (“Wyatt protocol” F.A.S.T. incorporated)
- Strong hand only draw stroke & shooting
- Strong hand only weapon manipulations (reloads, stoppage clears, etc…)
- Off hand only draw stroke & shooting
- Off hand only weapon manipulations (reloads, stoppage clears, etc…)
- Shooting from cover strong hand only & off hand only (varied shooting positions incorporated)
- Shooting on the move strong hand & off hand only
- Shooting with a partner
- Downed partner evacuation (strong hand & off hand only shooting)
- Discussion on proper use of white light for defensive purposes (identify, disorient & distract)
- Using handheld lights in conjunction with handguns
- Low light / night time shooting